Search This Blog

Jun 11, 2016

Shea Moisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Sensitive Skin Mud Mask

Shea Moisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Sensitive Skin Mud Mask


I received this as a sample size from Pinch Me. The foil packet contains 10 ml. inside.  The formula is made for sensitive skin, and is made as a mud mask with kaolin to soften, purify, and calm your skin. The formula contains date palm extract, camellia extract, shea butter, alpine oil, damask oil, and musk rose oils. 
To use you put on the face and leave on for 10 mins. and then wash off. 

I didn't know what oils were in this so, I looked them up to gain knowledge on what was inside the product. Here are the oils in this product. 

Damask oil: is a rose oil  that is from Turkey or Bulgaria.(Damask Rose Oil)
Alpine Oil: Is a type of lavender essential oil from France(Alpine Oil)
Musk Rose Oil: Is an essential oil made from wild musk roses(Musk Roses)

My breakdown:
I used this sample of face mask 2 times. I had two different experiences,for each time I used this mask. 
First I love, love, love the smell of this mask. I have always loved the smell of fresh roses, rose oil, and rose smelling stuff in general. 

The first time I put on this mask to try it I put it on my face, and instantly my face started tingling a bit. As the mask sat on my face it starting increasing in tingling a bit more, I think it was bothering me after almost 10 mins. so I washed it off. My skin was tight a slight bit, but it felt soft and smooth and was a bit glowy. I liked the result after using this mask. 

The second time I put on this mask to try it, I put it on my face and it started tingling like normal, but it increased until it was actually burning my skin. I had to wash it off after like 2 mins. it was burning so bad. After I washed it off my skin was red, my skin had hives and was sore afterwards, I believe I either had an allergic reaction or my skin did not like the mask that day. 

So after that I decided that maybe I should only use this on certain parts of my face, or not at all. So I probably won't buy a big tub of this stuff at full price. 

The full product tub is 6 fl oz. and retails for 15.00$ (http://www.sheamoisture.com/Peace-Rose-Oil-Complex-Sensitive-Skin-Mud-Mask_p_1520.html)

The thing that bothers me is I have oily, acne prone skin that is sensitive only slightly, In the winter I have dry skin, that gets oily when not moisturized properly. Why would my skin act like this, and if it's targeted for sensitive skin, why the reaction?? it's weird. 

I personally would give it maybe a 3 out of 5 and a C-. It might work for your skin, but for me it didn't. i wanted to love the product, but my skin didn't. 

If your interested in Free samples go to Pinch Me: https://www.pinchme.com/

stay tuned for more beauty, geeky goodness.
Ashley






No comments:

Post a Comment